Overview & Guidlines:
The assistance program is intended to provide financial aid to individuals less than 21 years of age to provide them the opportunity to learn or teach at shag dance related events. Examples of types of assistance available include gas, food and lodging.
General Request Requirements:
1) Applicants must be under 21 years of age
2) The applicant’s parent or guardian must approve and sign the application. Applications will be returned if they are not signed by a parent or guardian. Multiple children from the same family may complete one “family application” as long as the names and ages of each child in the family are listed.
3) Team applications are no longer accepted – shag teams can still apply but each member must submit an individual application signed by their parent or guardian
4) The application must be received at least three weeks in advance of the event – applications received with less than three weeks notice may be rejected
5) The event must have an educational aspect – i.e. applicant is taking shag workshops or teaching others to shag
6) All assistance grants are private and strictly between the Ellen Taylor Foundation and the recipient
7) The amount of assistance varies and may not offset all event expenses
8) The Ellen Taylor Foundation reserves the right to refuse to provide aid if any of the following:
- application does not meet general requirements
- event is not primarily a shag dance event
- The Foundation annual giving budget has been exhausted or the applicant has already met our annual limit for aid
In sum, the Foundation attempts to help as many children as possible each year but reserves the right to refuse assistance based on a host of factors as mentioned above.